In celebration of the First Anniversary of AVA and the Fourth Anniversary of the APCICT, UN APCICT would like to announce the commencement of the third round of the AVA Award. AVA enrolled members who complete the AVA online training and submit a case study on local ICT capacity building will be eligible to participate in an APCICT-organized event.
To be eligible for consideration of the AVA Award, you must accomplish the following by 20 October, 2010:
- Complete of all 8 AVA modules
- Take all 8 module quizzes.
- Submit at least one originally researched case study related to ICT development in your country.
- Case studies must include detailed references.
- Case studies must be submitted in English
- A case study template can be downloaded at News and Announcement section (link: http://ava.unapcict.org)
- APCICT withholds the right to the use of all submitted case studies as part of its ICT for development training and capacity building initiatives.
The AVA member who scores highest on the quizzes and submits a case study of sufficient quality will be awarded the AVA Award and be eligible to participate in an APCICT-organized face-to-face training event to be held in the Republic of Korea. APCICT will cover the cost of the candidates’ training fees, international travel and accommodation.
To be eligible for consideration of the AVA Award, you must be a citizen from a UN member State (link: http://www.un.org/en/members/index.shtml). In order to expose a greater number of people to APCICT trainings, only those AVA members that have NOT participated in APCICT face-to-face training will be eligible for the award.
AVA members who complete the AVA training will receive by post, a printed Certificate of Completion and a small gift from APCICT. Members will be awarded an e-certificate upon completion of each module.
UN APCICT looks forward to you successful completion of the AVA training.